Sunday, August 3, 2014

Harry Potter Reread: Prisoner of Azkaban

I recently finished reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, so that means it's time for another Harry Potter Reread post! If you have not yet read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban yet, first of all you should definitely go do that, but also this post may contain spoilers from this book. I'll try to be as spoiler free as possible, but I know that there will be mild spoiling so I apologize in advance. Without further ado, here were my thoughts from the Prisoner of Azkaban:

  • ❤SIRIUS BLACKI should say that Sirius is my favorite character ever, so every time I read this book I get a huge influx of feelings about him and everyone's perception of him. Also, it is make super clear in this book that Sirius is the biggest drama queen ever.
  • I loved the bits when the dementors go after Harry and he can hear his parents. It is bonechilling and depressing, as if a dementor is going after me as well.
  • Snape needs to seriously let things that happened when he was 16 go. (♬♪Let it goooo, let it goooo♬♪)
  • The pacing of this book is absolutely perfect. Although this book is shorter than the last four, it still manages to squeeze in a lot of excitement and drama. There is rarely a dull moment.
  • Some people may disagree with me on this one, but this book includes the beginning of the tone shift among the books. Everything up until this book was generally cheerful. From the beginning of this book, everyone is terrified about Sirius. Even the muggles! That's when you know there is something serious (haha get it?) going on.
  • Last thing: the time turner. I know many people do not like the time turner, but I love it! If you don't dig deep into the mechanics of it, it worked seamlessly in this book. It answered a reoccurring question and even helped solve the major problem in the end. 
That is all I have for this book! I hope you enjoy these posts because they are fun for me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird