Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday: Comfort Books

Hey everyone! It's been an entire week since I last made a blog post and I'm sorry about that! I hope to be more active on this blog, but I just moved into college on Sunday and have been bust nonstop since. Since I moved into college, I'm looking for things to comfort me in this time of transition, so this week for my Top Five Tuesday I'm ranking books I go to for comfort.

5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Perks made it to this list because although it isn't an exceptionally cheerful book, it is extremely easy to relate to in someway or another. I find it extremely relevant for my current situation because I'm thrown into a new environment and I'm just trying to fit it just like Charlie. I find comfort in this book by knowing that I'm not alone in this world by being different or not fitting in with the majority of others. 





4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Although I only actually read (and finished) this book recently, I know it is one I will turn to whenever I need a pick-me-up. It is a timeless and classic tale of love; what could get better than that? If I ever need a good book that will just make me feel peaceful, then this would be the book I would pick up.






3. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis

This book takes me back to my childhood. I had already read this a few times by the time I was ten years old and I can still read it today and enjoy every moment of it. It takes me back to the days when I sat with my dad and read together with him and discussed the book. I can't help but smile when I read this book.






2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

If you recall from my first Top Five Tuesday, Jonathan Safran Foer is my favorite author and this was the first book by him that I read and it changed the way I looked at reading. This book made me fall back in love with reading and the story touched me emotionally, so when I read it now, it expands those emotions even more. 






1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling

I'm sure this choice is obvious. This book also takes me back to my childhood and fills me with absolute joy. I can't read this book and not be happy. Reading this book is like getting a hug from someone you love. Nothing I could say would ever do this book any justice for how it makes me feel. I'm sure everyone who loves Harry Potter feels the same as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird